Reconsidering lunch

>> Saturday, March 31, 2012

In adopting healthy eating behaviors, convenience is my downfall. My option is to be prepared. Packing lunches everyday in my lunch bag (given to me for Mother's Day). Knowing I have it in my office, and ready to go, keeps me from getting the cheese curds, mozzarella sticks, or personal pan cheese pizzas.


My favorites lunches are:

2 slices of Wasa fiber crispbread toppped with almond butter, bananas and drizzled with honey.
Lasts me all afternoon.
the almond butter jar, honey bear and wasa crispbread package fit easily in the lunch bag.
The banana is from the hospital cafeteria.

OR

2 slices of Wasa fiber crispbread topped with pesto, sliced turkey, pepper jack cheese
the pesto jar, pepper jack cheese and wasa crispbread come from home. the turkey is off the salad bar at the hospital cafeteria.

OR

leftover rotisserie chicken pieces mixed with
a couple chopped up straberries
a chopped up fresh peach
onion powder to taste
1/2 6 oz container of yoplait light vanilla yogurt to toss with chicken and fruit
Lettuce
toss chicken mixture with lettuce, spread over round wholegrain sandwich thins or Wasa fiber crispbreads

the chicken mix is done at home and put in small tupperware. The wasa crispbread comes from home. the lettuce is from the hospital cafeteria salad bar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Meter

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP