Loving my Dad

>> Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Took a quick trip to visit family in Pensacola.
My dad is a long term resident in Baptist Manor Nursing Home.

My visit went like this:
Friday 5:30 p.m. - the family picked up Popeye's chicken and ate with Dad out in the courtyard for supper.

Saturday 3:00 p.m. - we picked up milkshakes for an afternoon snack with Dad. We lounged on chairs on the patio and one by one wandered off to Target, etc. Mom and I stayed with Dad to enjoy the sun. Dad and I whistled tunes together that he used to play on the harmonica. He couldn't quite remember the songs but if I started, he could finish.

Sunday 10:30 - Mom and I picked up hot coffee at McDonald's (dad's favorite). We met him in his room.
He looked at me and said "What a surprise! You've come to visit me! I didn't know you were coming"

The funny times are priceless. He is such a sweetheart.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Meter

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP