Saturday Morning Farmer's Market

>> Saturday, June 25, 2011


Good way to spend Saturday morning. The produce was so fresh.
I bought strawberries from the happy two above.



Did ya know? Green Bay has operated a Farmers' Market since 1917.


The Booyah to Yah company sign had me smiling. I couldn't resist snapping a picture.
Classic Green Bay food. Booyah and Cheese curds (best eaten warm, because they squeak between your teeth).
I personally like the yellow cheese curds vs. the white ones.
However, I did pass them up today. They are so deliciously addicting.

I bought a great aged cheddar cheese (Farmstyle Cheddar)  from the Saxon Creamery.
It is hard and crumbly like a parmesan.
When Don is home from the races tomorrow, we'll enjoy the afternoon in our adirondack chairs and have a patio picnic of the aged cheddar, grapes, sliced green apples, walnuts, and proscuitto.

and just a note of thanks to Sarah abeachcottage for her inspiration for today's blog. She leads the way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Meter

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP