Focus on Fun

>> Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm done! I  finished reading. You, Being Beautiful by Dr. Mehmet Oz. "Happiness is really rooted in simplicity....remove extraneous stimuli...so that you can focus on the important task at hand."  (page 332)

Our brains can dramtically increase their energy consumption levels when we focus.  My yoga teacher, says" Balance creates focus and focus energizes your brain". 

Leo Babauta, the author of The Power of Less, just came out with a  new book, Focus: A Simplicity Manifesto in the Age of Distraction.  I'll be heading to the library to check out his new book and to stick it in my backpack.

Meanwhile, after having a crazy week at work, I plan to focus on fun this weekend.  Don and I are heading up to the condo in Door County.  We will go to  Hands on Art, Friday evening to catch up with friends and to Julie's Cafe on Saturday morning for kamikaze cakes.


And lastly, Cammie, here is the Pumpkin Crumble recipe that you and I were going to create  for Justin.
I made it this past weekend and it passed the "Dad approved test".

1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
1/2 c. egg beaters
1/2 c. milk
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. molasses
1/3 c. flour
1/3 c. rolled oats
4 TBSP cold butter
1/2 c chopped walnuts or pecans

In bowl, combine and stir pumpkin, egg beaters and milk until smooth, stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.

In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, molasses and oats. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients (I used the dough hook on my mixer). Butter a 9-inch square baking dish. Spread the pumpkin mixture in the bottom of the baking dish.
Drop dollops of the oats mixture (should be the consistency of biscuit dough) randomly on top.

Sprinkle the top with chopped nuts.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until done. (When you insert a knife it comes out clean)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Meter

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP