Home Soon

>> Monday, January 4, 2010



Don and I went to the YMCA to run tonight. Our training plan for this week is:
[Walk briskly 5 min, run 3 min] repeat 1x, walk 5 min. Doesn't seem tough yet, but the trainer said we are training smart, to avoid an injury.
I was on Skype with my son, Erik, tonight talking about our training plan, here is our conversation:
Mary Ann: what is ur best time running the mile?
Erik: um idk, we always run 2 miles
Mary Ann: what is ur best 2 mile time?
Erik: 11:30
Mary Ann: Oh my, I am more than double your time, I run one mile in 11:53, but I'll get better
Erik: Yeah that's not bad mom, you can get better
Mary Ann: thanks for the support, I like running
Erik: yeah, of course, you're my mom, you'll always have my support, when I come home I'll run with you at the Y.
Erik is leaving Iraq in 12 hours. He is heading home for good. It'll be good to have him home.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Meter

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP