Halfway There, No return

>> Friday, February 5, 2010

Week 6 of the 12 week training is pulling to a close. I picked up some kind of bug that caused me to feel wornout, so I only ran two times this week. Tonight I am pumping myself up to get back on track this week and resume training.


I think I'll also have to do a daily review of how I did both in exercise and diet so that I can be successful in losing that final ten pounds this year (hopefully before swimming suit and shorts season).

Plans for Week 7's food and fitness are:

  • Drink more water to combat dehydration and fatigue at work. I'll take a water bottle to work to keep on hand.


  • I learned from WebMD that frequent mini doses of caffeine will keep me more alert and focused than a single large dose, so I'll start by switching to one 8 oz cup of coffee in the morning, then I will have one after finishing lunch, instead of one 16 oz cup in the morning.


  • I am going to use the WebMD Healthy Shopping Guide & List and plan the menu for the week so that I don't eat badly because I haven't planned and after a day at work am too tired to think about it.


  • Start each meal with a broth based soup or a lettuce salad


  • Keep my daily calories at 1420


  • Return to the following weekly exercise plan (in addition to running)


  • Mon & Fri a.m. Yoga; Tues, Thurs & Sat a.m. weights; Wed evening Zumba & Yoga

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Meter

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP