A voice in the middle of the night

>> Saturday, June 26, 2010

I sat down to lunch at the hospital with a very good friend and peer on Friday for lunch. She recently broke a bone in her foot and it has made getting around very difficult. Many things she cannot do without assistance.

During our conversation, she told me the story of how she broke that bone. The day of the mishap she was in an extremely foul mood. She has never been a religious person, but (on that evening) during the middle of the night, just as real as I was sitting next to her, God spoke to her about her behavior and said, "You don't have cancer!"


Pause........We reflected on our current state (our daily work events, our health, our families and our friends). We have two very close friends who are currently battling terminal cancer and we see their struggles daily as they continue to work for as long as they have.
AND SO..

I end this entry.....For the great days, I will be estatic, and the okay days, I will find better, but most of all, daily I will find a way to enjoy and be thankful for all that I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Site Meter

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP